While I write, I’m snacking on this decadent, crunchy and obsessively addicting sweet and salty treat. I first made this for a baby shower and it was a complete accident. This recipe was born out of a straight sweet and salty craving while perusing the aisles of the grocery store– I had no intention of picking up premade white cheddar popcorn but when I realized my purchase, I just went for it. With no recipe for reference, I managed to create what I think is one of the best party foods made to date. While I thought I was so clever and smart, there have actually been several folks who have dreamed up this concoction prior to my cravings, however below is my 4 ingredient mixture that takes all of 5 minuets to make!
Sweet and Salty White Chocolate and Cheddar Funfetti Popcorn
Servers a small crowd (girls night in or baby showers preferred)
- 1 bag of Smart Food White Cheddar Popcorn
- 1 bag of Ghirardelli Chocolate Classic White Baking Chips
- 1 small container of sprinkles (get a few different kinds or colors– the more you add, the more colorful and crunchier it gets!)
- 1 tbs. of sea salt
- In a high-heat safe bowl, melt the white chocolate according to the instructions on the bag via double boiler or microwave.
- In a large bowl, pour 1/3 of the white cheddar popcorn in and set aside
- Once melted, with a spoon, drizzle the white chocolate over the white cheddar popcorn and mix lightly.
- Add a light dusting of sprinkles.
- Repeat steps 2-4 until you’ve used all the white cheddar popcorn, white chocolate and sprinkles.
- Mix lightly until all popcorn kernels are evenly coated.
- Finish with the sprinkle of sea salt– a great finishing touch to balance the sweet and salty
- Once cooled, serve and enjoy!
Not only do I crave this weekly, it’s a super simple party food that goes over swimmingly with kids and adults of all ages. For some extra flavor, I’m thinking about adding roasted pecans, walnuts or dried cranberries! Would love to hear how yours turned out in the comments below!