It’s my favorite week of the year! #ChefAdrian and I got married three short years ago (“Do you remember, the 21st night in September?”) and since our first year, have decided the best way to celebrate is to discover new lands together. Our annual anniversary trip is always my favorite trip of the year because it falls in such a beautiful season– perfect for exploring, near water, hiking, rooftops, museums– you name it! Our first year was New York, second was Napa and third: Old Montreal.
This year, Old Montreal was calling our name. From it’s European charm to it’s culinary scene, it was the perfect choice to celebrate pure. romance. And do we need it! Our time away together is everything I need to finish out the year strong– and in love.
I also always design our week itinerary with a theme of our travel destination. I’m a total planner so knowing what we’re doing every day (with some R&R in between!) helps me (us?) look forward to the days ahead!
If you haven’t been, well you’re in luck! Below is our travel itinerary that you can rinse and repeat when you plan your trip. We try to keep it more local, less touristy but I am looking forward to the Montreal Botanical Gardens’s Light Festival!
Day 1 – Wednesday, September 21 (Happy Anniversary to us!)
- Check into our hotel, Auberge du Vieux Port
- Rest, clean up, get ready for dinner!
- Cocktails: Auberge Rooftop, Terrasse L’Auberge
- Cocktails: Liverpool House, 7pm (Little Burgundy)
- Dinner: Joe Beef, 9 PM (Little Burgundy)
- After Dinner Cocktail: Auberge Rooftop, Terrasse L’Auberge
Day 2 – Thursday, September 22
- Lunch: Terrasses Bonsecours – Old Port, on the water
- Daytime: Downtown
- Dinner: Maison Publique, 8 PM
- After Diner Cocktails: Mayfair – The Plateau
Day 3 – Friday, September 23
- Lunch: 3734 Épicerie Comptoir – St. Heni
- Daytime: St. Heni
- Dinner: Cadet, 1431 Boulevard Saint-Laurent
- After Cocktail Dinner: Tokyo Bar – The Main
Day 4 – Saturday, September 24
- Lunch: Réservoir – The Plateau
- Daytime: Montreal Botanical Garden
- Cocktails: Auberge Rooftop (Hotel Rooftop)
- Dinner: HVOR, 1414 Rue Notre Dame Ouest
- After Dinner Cocktail: Santos, 191 Rue Saint Paul
Day 5 – Sunday, September 25 (Don’t make me leave!)
- Lunch: September Café
This is just a sneak peek of all the goodies we’ll be experiencing! Stay tuned for so many more photos heading to the blog soon!