We packed our bags, car and truck, drove 16 hours from Chicago to Charleston and here we are one whole year later.
What feels like only a few months has been an entire year of change. A new state, drivers license (that was big for me!), car and a house, all in less than 12 months. Pretty incredible how it all came together and has felt so meant to be.
EAT + DRINK
- Faculty Lounge + Renzo | Pairing for date night
- Citrus Club | The view and food is incredible; tallest rooftop in the city
- Stella’s | Our favorite restaurant in Charleston
- Cocktail Club | For cozy, stiff drinks + bacon fat popcorn
- Malagón | The best Spanish Tapas I’ve ever had
- Babas on Cannon | Small plates, big flavors
- Basic Kitchen | My favorite spot for brunch
- Herd Provisions | The latest restaurant we tried + new fave
While I don’t love shopping for clothes down here, there are some incredibly unique home goods stores with awesome pieces for your home.
- Candlefish | The perfect trendy blend with unbelievable scents
- The Skinny Dip | Frosé + amazing accessories
- The Port Mercantile | Rustic + worldly, perfect for men
- Ro Sham Beaux | As Southern as I go, but amazing inspiration
- Celadon | All your modern goodness with wicker accents
- Mount Pleasant Mall | Antique and vintage central!
- Lydon Leigh/Candelabra | Texture, textiles + incredible lighting!
- Saturday golf for Adrian + I stroll downtown for brunch
- Sunday bike rides to Low Tide Brewing + El Mercadito & Taqueria
- Going to Beachwalker Park on Kiawah Island as often as we can on the weekends + for dinner, followed by Rosebank Farms Market
- Middleton Plantation in the Fall
- Candlefish candle making workshop
- Angel Oak for an awe-inspiring site (and across the street from our house!)
LOCALS GUIDE + HIDDEN GEMS
- Bike ride to Morris Island Lighthouse on Folly Beach
- Strolls through gardens along the Historic District in the Battery
- Baker Bar‘s incredible pizza under the street
- Citrus Club for Fourth of July fireworks
- Burns Ally Tavern
- The Commodore for local, live music
WANT TO DO
- Visit all the plantations throughout the state
- Stay in the NC mountains
- Visit Asheville again
- Swim + hike Lake Jocassee
- Weekend stay at The Dewberry so I can pretend I live there (maybe for my thirtieth?)
Have you been to South Carolina? Charleston? I would love to know where you’ve been or want to do!
Here’s to many more years in the South!