One of my all time favorites, this Egg + Avocado Kale salad is packed with all the creamy and crunchy bits you want in a light, but hearty Spring salad. Easy to make for yourself or for a special outdoor party, there are only a few ingredients to assemble and go! What I love most is the mix of tangy, crunchy, salty and sweet ingredients combined to make a delicious combination. #ChefAdrian and I eat this quite a bit during the week and pair it with a nice cold Chardonnay.
Egg + Avocado Kale Salad
- 1 bunch of kale, washed and julienned
- 2 eggs, boiled for 6 minutes, peeled and cut in half
- 1 bunch of radishes, small dice
- 1 ripe tomato, small dice
- 2 scallions, small dice
- 1 ripe avocado
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup toasted walnuts
- ¼ cup Gorgonzola, crumbled
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Once all ingredients have been sliced and diced, you can assemble the salad.
- In a large bowl add all ingredients. Pour the lemon juice and olive oil.
- Add the salt & pepper, toss and taste for seasoning as you may need to adjust.
- Divide the salad into 4 bowls, taking note that heavier ingredients settle on the bottom so keep in mind when plating the salad.
- Once salad is divided, scoop out avocado evenly over each salad bowl.
- Salt & pepper the egg and place over the salad.