We make a lot of hummus. It’s the perfect snack that can be spread, dipped or dunked with a variety of items. And it’s also very easy to make with only a few ingredients. What I love most about #ChefAdrian’s homemade hummus is the tanginess– it adds such a pop of flavor, which is why I think it’s so addicting! Try it for yourself!
Creamy + Tangy Hummus
- 2 15 oz. cans of Chick peas, drained & rinsed
- 3 Tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled & chopped
- Half cup Tahini paste
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Olive oil
- Put the chick peas into the bowl of a food processor.
- Add lemon juice, cumin, garlic, tahini paste, and one pinch of salt and pepper.
- Turn the processor on and slowly drizzle in the olive oil until the mixture is smooth and thick.
- Taste and re season with salt & pepper if necessary.
- Pour mixture in a bowl, sprinkle Paprika, scatter chopped parsley and drizzle some olive oil.
- Serve immediately with warm pita or veggie crudités or you can refrigerate for a few days.
The other lovely thing about hummus is that it can be used in so many different ways! Here are a few of my favorite:
- Fish Filet
- Roasted Red Pepper Hummus Burgers
- Hummus AND Avocado Spread
- Deviled Eggs
- Brown Rice Casserole
Enjoy your entire month of eating hummus!